WHY SHOULD I REMOVE HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP FROM MY DIET?
In one study, healthy individuals consumed either glucose or fructose-sweetened drinks. The drinks were made up of either 25% of the calories from glucose or 25% of the calories from fructose. They consumed the sweetened drinks for 10 weeks.
The group that consumed the fructose had…
– developed insulin resistance,
– their abdominal fat increased,
– their blood sugar level, and
– insulin levels increased.
In various other studies, there is an increase in gout episodes, even in those who never had gout before. This is a frightening thought because it means thousands of children will end up with gout – and gout is a very painful disease to have….
– imagine how hard it would be to watch your child suffer from gout for a few weeks at a time,
– how difficult it would be to have to give your child medications for gout that are toxic in many ways, and
– how much time it will take out of your regular schedule to have to attend to this new health issue.
Children already have developed gout from eating a lot of foods with high fructose corn syrup. This isn’t a theory that hasn’t been proven. It’s reality.
High fructose is a killer. That’s the bottom line. Do you really want it in your diet or your family’s diet?
In the next article, find out whether or not sugar is addictive and what’s the evidence about it?
Beverleigh H Piepers RN
Type 2 Diabetes Health Coach