WHY DOES SUGAR HURT IF YOU’RE A TYPE 2 DIABETIC?
Here’s a list…
1. Sugar depletes your body of B vitamins and minerals. As a diabetic, you need every one of the vitamins and minerals you can possibly get.
2. Sugar causes insulin resistance, something that every diabetic does not need.
3. Sugar makes cancers grow in the body. It feeds them.
4. Sugars such as high fructose corn syrup cause liver problems such as fatty liver. Fatty liver is one more health issue you don’t need as a diabetic!
5. Sugar causes addictive disorders and makes you less sensitive to the effects of morphine.
6. Sugar releases huge amounts of dopamine in the brain and can create an addiction to all sugary foods.
7. Sugar causes overweightedness and obesity – and that’s ugly.
8. Sugar causes high cholesterol levels.
9. Sugar can contribute to hardening of the arteries.
Need any more reasons to stop eating sugar?
Next, find out why your doctor and dietitian keep telling you sugar is okay to eat for Type 2 diabetics.
Beverleigh H Piepers RN
Type 2 Diabetes Health Coach